Our kitchen is never this neat!
Below are some recipes that we've managed to capture as they fly from the ether to end up on our dinner table. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Sasha's Quick No Knead Bread Recipe
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 2 cups water (1/2 cup boiling water added to 1 1/2 cups cold water)
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, and sugar. Add yeast to warm water and let activate for 10 minutes, then add to flour mixture. Make sure to mix the water in thoroughly (check to see if there are flour deposits hiding underneath).
- Cover the bowl with a damp tea towel, then heat the oven to 400* for 1 minute then turn it off to create a "proofing drawer" (a warm place for your bread to rise). Put the bowl in the turned off oven and leave for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove bowl from oven and turn bread out onto a floured surface (ideally a silicon baking mat, which is flexible). Dust bread with a little bit of flour and use a rubber spatula to shape it into a ball (don't worry about making it the perfect shape - it will all come together in the oven eventually). Try to place the ball seam side down, then dust with a little more flour and place a tea towel on top. You can let the dough rest like this for anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on your schedule.
- 30 minutes before you want to bake the bread, place a 5 quart dutch oven or similar ovensafe vessel with a lid into the oven and preheat it to 450F. After 30 minutes, carefully remove the dutch oven, take the tea towel off the bread and invert the silicon baking mat over the dutch oven. The bread may stick to the mat, but gravity will eventually win the day. Shake the dutch oven slightly to redistribute the bread, then put the lid back on and put it back in the oven. Bake with the lid on for 30 minutes, then remove the lid and bake for another 15 to 30 minutes. Lower the temperature if necessary to avoid burning the crust. Remove from oven and invert the dutch oven over a wire rack (or use tongs or a large and sturdy spatula to remove the bread from the dutch oven) and let cool for 15 minutes.
Sasha's Brandied Peaches Recipe
- Five peaches
- Half cup sugar
- Quarter cup water
- Quarter cup Brandy
- Peel peaches (make cross with sharp knife, 10 secs in boiling water, add to ice water), cut into eighths
- Put water and sugar in saucepan and bring to boil
- Add peaches and cook covered for 5 mins
- Uncover and reduce liquid by about half
- Remove from heat, add Brandy
Please let us know if this has been helpful! If you loved the food tell everyone about it!